Who We Are
This summer, get paid to be a MATURE GOOFBALL! Join our team of motivated staff and enjoy the perfect balance of work and fun. Located in the Pocono Mountains of PA, we are a co-ed sleep away camp for kids ages 7 to 16. We are looking for enthusiastic and creative individuals to work as a cheerleading coach!
- Travel Allowance
2018 dates: June 14th to August 11th
*Students: Paid internships to fulfill academic requirements are encouraged.*
Role & Responsibilities
- College-aged counselors live in the bunks with the campers. A typical bunk will have 8-12 campers and 3-4 counselors.
- All counselors share in-bunk responsibilities from wake up to clean up to attendance at meals and evening activities.
- During the activity day, Activity Specialists will be at their program area, teaching a specific activity to a wide range of campers. When not teaching activities, Specialists are scheduled back with their respective bunk of campers.
- There is scheduled time off each day and days off throughout the course of the summer.
3 Reasons to Make Camp Canadensis Your Summer Job
- Build leadership, communication, and problem-solving skills while making lifelong friendships. Serve as a mentor, role model, and hero to our campers.
- Your office? 1,000 acres of beautiful outdoors, including a 75-acre private lake! Your uniform? Shorts and T-shirts! Your co-workers? Passionate young adults like you, looking to have the best summer ever!
- Get paid to be a MATURE GOOFBALL. Play and have fun all summer while gaining professional experiences and developing skills that are universally in demand, regardless of your career path.
About Camp Canadensis
At Canadensis, our goal is to create an environment that is emotionally, physically and socially safe for campers and their parents in a first-rate facility. Focusing on the individual needs of each child within a group living setting, our approach is to promote a community defined by tolerance and acceptance where campers feel connected to their surroundings while developing friendships that are sure to last a lifetime.
In order to supervise and lead over 450 campers, our staff is absolutely critical to our success each and every summer. Throughout the off season, one of our main goals is to interview hundreds of applicants and hire approximately over 250 staff, many who are college-aged counselors that live in the bunks with our campers. Our staff come from throughout the United States and Canada as well as overseas from countries such as England, Australia, New Zealand and Scotland.
One thing all of our staff have in common is that they all want to make an impact in the lives of children. They understand what it takes to be a role model and know that while working with kids is incredibly fun, it is also hard work and challenging. Being a counselor at Canadensis is one of the most rewarding jobs you will ever have.
Our staff has the ability to be mature, responsible and dependable while also being fun, easy going and even a bit goofy. So, essentially we are looking for MATURE GOOFBALLS! All of our staff is extremely hard working as this is a 24/7 job that requires counselors to put the campers’ needs ahead of their own needs. After all, we are taking care of someone’s ultimate pride and joy in life…their child.
All staff completes a one week staff training and development before the arrival of our campers. During the summer, all counselors will continue to receive support and guidance from Head Counselors, Group Leaders and Program Heads.