An exciting leadership opportunity within our strategically innovative and financially secure YMCA as a Gymnastics Director!Job Summary
The Scott County Family YMCA is a '4-star' Charity Navigator top-rated non-profit charitable organization for youth development, healty living and social responsibility.
Since 1858, the Scott County Family Y has been an integral part of the Quad Cities area. Comprised of 6 branches, Camp Abe Lincoln and multiple child care sites including 3 Early Learning Centers and 8 Before/After School locations, SCFY continues to grow and strengthen the community to bring about positive change. The Quad Cities area, situation along the Mississippi River, is home to a more than 27,000 businesses including John Deere World Headquarters, Arconic, Kraft, Exelon and a major military installation - the Rock Island Arsenal. We have low cost of living, great school systems and several higher education institutions. Here you can experience a variety of extra-curricular activities similar to those found in big cities but with a small town feel such as arts, baseball, big name concerts and events, and much more!
The qualified candidate will possess at a minimum:
Expertise in youth gymnastics instruction and coaching for all ages.
Ability to lead others and working on a team.
Deliver and manage robust program focusing on quality and proven results for growing programs
Ambition to grow and evolve professionally that creates a culture to accomplish great things.
1. Bachelor’s degree in recreation, sports or related field.
2. Prior supervisory experience is required
3. Must be able to lead and coach teams and individuals and have the ability to communicate effectively; both orally and in writing
4. Prior gymnastics training and/or coaching and customer service experience required.
5. Must possess mental alertness, problem solving and task management skills; ability to make independent and sound decisions in a rapidly changing environment
6. Must exhibit initiative in the absence of supervision
7. Able to relate to and work with diverse groups of people in a friendly and consistent manner
8. Must work collaboratively as a team member as well as independently and lead by assigned goals, duties and deadlines
1. Serve as a role model to members, Y staff and, at all times live the mission, vision and
values of the YMCA movement.
2. Demonstrate a high level of maturity, patience, dependability, sound judgment, positive
attitude and act in a professional manner when interacting with members, program
participants and other staff at all times.
3. Ensure all programs comply with YMCA standards and methods of operation.
4. Develop, manage, and monitor program operating budget and meet or exceed budget
5. Integrate member service and engagement strategies into all programs to ensure positive
member recruitment and retention.
6. Monitor and evaluate delivery and effectiveness of programs and continually strive to
attain the highest possible level of program quality.
7. Build and expand the program enrollment and participation.
8. Maintain accurate records of attendance, retention, member and non-member
participation; ensure progress reports are distributed consistently to program participants.
9. Be visible to staff and members.
10. Respond to all member and community inquiries and concerns calmly and courteously
within 24 hours.
11. Providing written and verbal communication to all team parents and coaches so for clear
understanding of practices, travel and YMCA team policies.
12. Recruit, hire, train, develop, schedule, evaluate and manage a high performing staff team
focused on providing exceptional service and instruction and work well as a team.
13. Process and monitor payroll for all program staff.
14. Develop strategies to provide support and motivation to staff for the achievement of
goals and retention.
15. Conduct and document regular staff meetings and training; ensure staff certification
records are current and fulfill all in-service standards.
16. Report any accidents, concerns, or equipment issues to supervisor immediately and
complete appropriate paperwork.
17. Maintain an up to date inventory on all equipment, materials and supplies. Keep all work
areas clean and organized.
18. Serving as a member of the branch management team performing specific duties that
support the overall success of branch operations; communicating information promptly to all
branch leadership and departmental staff.
19. Participate in and solicit others to participate in necessary YMCA financial development
efforts, specifically the Annual Campaign.
20. Maintain certifications listed under Certificates and Other Requirements.
21. Adherence to all policies and procedures of Scott County Family Y.
22. Understand and follow all safety rules and regulations including knowledge of emergency
procedures and location of emergency equipment.
23. Regular and timely adherence to respective schedule/meetings.
24. All other duties as assigned by the Branch Executive.
1. Must be able to pass background check
2.CPR/First Aid/AED certification*
3.Mandatory Reporter certification*
Note: If not currently certified, must obtain certification within 30 days of hire. The * noted certification training programs are provided by SCFY staff.
Salary$40,000.00RÉSUMÉ INFORMATIONRésumé Cut-off Date11/8/2019Display Cut-off DateYes How to ApplyURL URLwww.scottcountyfamilyy.org