Hours per week: 2-29 hours - year 'round hours required. Seasonal jobs are full.
Purpose: Teach gymnastics to boys and/or girls of various levels and ages.
Success is measured by each instructor’s ability to fill his or her own classes, build loyalty, and graduate students up to the next level.
Instructors work for the Site Manager, and teach with the support and guidance of a program Coordinator who is in charge of setting the standards of instruction. Instructors also implement and/or promote specific themes, skills, goals, projects, and events, as assigned.
CSC’s priorities focus around safe effective and fun teaching and we are seeking self motivated coaches who can independently develop the gymnasts through our skills programming. Those with experience will be given the opportunity grow into team development and higher levels. Those with limited experience or who just love working with kids and have done gymnastics in their background, will be provided opportunities to shadow other coaches and learn the art of coaching. Hard work and dedication will garner more hours and increased income opportunities.
- Experience in child related services or youth sports coaching.
- Direct gymnastics teaching experience
- CPR, First Aid certification completed, or registered to be completed within the first 30 days and thereafter maintained.
- Able to lift/assist levels assigned (minimum 45 lbs.)
- Bonus - Background as an athlete in competitive sports – especially gymnastics, or a proven background in teaching.
- General Skills: Show Leadership – be self-motivated, and a team player. Grow your knowledge – of beginner & intermediate gymnastics concepts, their skill progressions, and associated terminology. Build Communication – with parents & students, fellow coaches, and CSC staff & management.