We have an immediate opening for either a full-time Level 3 Men’s Gymnastics Head Coach/Program director. West Wind Gymnastics is a 18,000 square foot gym located in Lethbridge, Alberta. The ideal candidate will teach boys of various skill levels and ages in tumbling and gymnastics to include floor, vault, high bar, pommel horse, parallel bars, and rings. The salary for this position will range from $40,000 to $60,000 commensurate to qualifications and experience.
We are searching for a motivated, energetic and organized head coach that possess knowledge of Gymnastics Canada & Alberta Gymnastics rules and regulations and be able to follow them. Will be able to create and maintain a safe and fun learning environment for all participants. Is willing and able to help develop a boy’s gymnastics program including multiple levels of development classes designed to funnel athletes into our boys’ competitive program. Applicant must be patient and prepared to build our Men’s Program with the help of three assistant coaches.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop all athletes (ranging from P1 to National Open) in MAG program
- The ability to take direction from and work cooperatively with the other program heads.
- The ability to attend and complete necessary trainings and meetings as they pertain to your job.
- The ability to safely adjust equipment and mats to offer a safe environment for each student.
- Effectively develop rapport with participants and parents and maintain safety and order in the gym.
- Operate within program budget and operational structures
Performs other duties as assigned. If the ideal candidate is in search of full-time hours, we would discuss having those additional responsibilities be working with our Recreational Administrative duties or coaching with our WAG program, specifically on uneven bars.
- MAG Level 3 Certification/Competition 2 (able to take our Senior/Open Athletes on the floor at competitions nationally)
- Clear criminal background check, including the vulnerable sector
- First Aid/CPR
- Be in good standing with Gymnastics Canada (or USAG) & AGF
- Must be highly motivated and take direction well
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends
- Must have no physical limitations regarding the lifting of items up to 30 pounds
- Ability to read, interpret and apply operating policies and procedures
Salary to be determined based on experience and qualifications. Benefits include vacation, personal time off, medical and dental coverage, bonuses.
Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com