Salary and housing: To be Discussed/Negotiated
Week: Full Time
Location: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Language: A good level of written and spoken English
Commencement: As soon as possible
An exciting opportunity exists for a talented individual to lead Gymnastics coaching at FitNation Gymnastic Centre in the City of Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. The focus of this role is to maximise the potential of the club’s development and elite squad gymnasts through coaching, the design of programmes, leading a team of performance coaches in the implementation of robust systems and processes for talent ID through to international competition. FitNation Gymnastics Centre is seeking to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced Head Coach who has the mindset and skills required to participate in the commencement of the first private gymnastic club in Saudi Arabia and develop an effective long term performance pathway and excellence. The head coach will report to the Chief Executive Officer.
Main Areas of Responsibility
- The Head Coach will be responsible for delivering a successful programme. The role will involve recruiting and catching new gymnasts.
- Provide strategic focus and leadership for the squad programme taking responsibility for all aspects of the programmes delivered.
- Design, develop and promote a high performance culture and seamless performance pathway within gymnastics through robust systems and procedures.
- Work closely with the squad coaches to design and implement high quality holistic training and competition programmes for gymnasts.
- Assist gymnasts and coaches to develop training and competition strategies to maximise their potential.
- Create a discipline focussed Performance Programme and co-ordinate the activities of the Performance squad.
- Monitor, measure and evaluate effectiveness of the programme.
- Provide guidance, mentoring and direction to other squad coaches.
- Contribute to the development programmes of squad coaches, and support staff involved with the programme.
- Make recommendations for selection of gymnasts into the squad programme.
- Undertake leadership roles at training camps and national and international events as appropriate.
- Compliance and commitment to all aspects of child protection, health and safety and welfare in all matters.
The above list is not regarded as exclusive or exhaustive, as there may be other duties and requirements, which the successful candidate may be required to perform from time to time, in consultations with the club’s management team.
Knowledge, Experience and Person Profile
- Minimum of 3 years successful gymnastic coaching experience (with a proven track record) to include a detailed understanding of performance needs of developing gymnasts.
- High School Diploma minimum.
- CPR/First Aid/AED Certification or the ability to become certified.
- A good level of written and spoken English and administration skills.
- A growth mindset and ability to integrate within a performance environment.
- Committed to and a proven track record of personnel development and a willingness to improve knowledge.
- 7. Understanding and appreciation of the field of talent identification, selection and confirmation and how this can contribute to the development of a competitive club.
- A skilful and persuasive communicator, with a specific focus on the needs of elite gymnasts and coaches.
- Understanding of how individual athletes are motivated and ability to vary his/her approach to development the very best performance and to bring the best out of existing talent – ability to make behavioural change to have a positive impact in performance.
- Skill in fostering productive relationships with other coaches and be able to encourage creativity and contribution from others.
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues both within gymnastics and from other organisations.
- The ability to implement technical programmes.
- It is desirable that the candidate has had previous international gymnastics experience in creating and/or delivering a successful programme that delivers results.
- Shows integrity and is fair, equitable and ethical in approach. Protects confidential information, adheres to policies and demonstrates loyalty to gymnastics and the club.
- Current passport.
Behavioural Competencies and Qualities
- Passion for the vision of FitNation Gymnastics Centre and a long term commitment to success of the programme.
- The ability to plan, communicate and set clear and meaningful targets for gymnasts and squad coaches.
- Technical ability in gymnastics with skill in performance analysis and providing feedback.
- Highly developed communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent team leadership skills with the ability to manage and inspire all gymnasts and staff within the club.